Sunday, April 7, 2013

Odeon Cafe


OVERALL: 2 Star
The menu claimed italian, but I was struck with more french features; crepes and eggs benedict... i don't think there was single tomato on the menu. The only thing italian was the checkered table cloth.


Food Quality: 2 Stars -- I should have tried the crepes. Instead I was intrigued by the salmon benedict (benedict odeon). It was served with the hollandaise on the side. As first I liked it, then i tasted the sauce. egh... They had both savory and sweet crepes; chocolate, fruity, spinach and cheese, sausage. I'm sure they would have impressed me. Alas, I chose wrongly.

Mimosa/Champagne Quality: 3 Stars -- always the best part of the day! Well mixed champagne cocktails, with a brand that not too dry. I suggest the bellini. They are made individually, instead of by the pitcher like the mimosas.

Service Quality/Refill time: 2 stars -- A bit slow on the refill time, and it took a while to get the food. The dining room was not that full except for one other large group. I thought we were typically the rowdy ones! I would have thought it would be easy to serve a 4 top table, asking for the same thing every time we raised our hands: 1 more mimosa please?


Atmosphere: 3 stars -- The place was set out to primarily be a bar, with tables and a working kitchen during the day. I did like the soft lighting, with sconces on the side, and mottled chandeliers. But like so many that come before you, unremarkable. The place does convey an ambience of a small meal, a coffee with friends, a casual criossant... a cafe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment